- FROM THE FOY SOCIETY
This General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches:
- Expresses its concern at the increasing incidence of devastating knife crime in Britain’s towns and cities.
- Expresses its strong support for an adequately funded multi-agency campaign to tackle this significantly raised threat to public safety, along the lines of that which has been so successful in Glasgow.
- Urges Her Majesty’s Government and the Scottish Parliament to establish an immediate investigation into ways and means of drastically reducing, over time, the ready availability of sharp pointed knives by the introduction of appropriate controls on retail and internet sales.
As per the Resolution at the 2018 Annual Meetings, the following motions would not be considered to be part of the maximum 4 ordinary motions. The process to select ordinary motions will therefore not be required this year.
FROM THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- That this General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches recognises the considerable contribution of Martin West to Unitarians in the United Kingdom by naming him as an Honorary Member.
- That this General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches welcomes the Findhorn Unitarian Network into Membership as an Affiliated Society.
- That the Report of the General Assembly Executive Committee and the Accounts of the General Assembly be received and adopted.
- That James Cowper Kreston LLP be appointed as Auditors.
- That Peter Hanley be appointed Honorary Treasurer for the year 2019-2020.
- That the thanks of the Assembly be given to Peter Hanley for his service as Treasurer during the year 2018-2019, and to district association and local officers for their invaluable services.
- That greetings be sent to kindred churches and societies abroad.
- That the thanks of the Assembly be given to Rev Dr Maria Curtis for preaching the Assembly Sermon.
- That the thanks of the Assembly be given to Rev Dr Andy Phillips, worship leader for the Anniversary Service, and to all those who provided music and other content for the Anniversary Service and on other worship occasions during these Meetings.
- That the thanks of the Assembly be given to the members of the General Assembly staff and to all volunteers for their inestimable help in organising the Meetings.
- That Rev Celia Cartwright be appointed President of the General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches for the year 2019-2020.
- That Anne Mills be appointed Vice-President of the General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches for the year 2019-2020.
That this ninety-first General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches expresses its gratitude for the services provided by Joan Cook as President during the year 2018-2019.